A. Information We Collect
We collect two types of information about you when you visit our Sites: personally identifiable information and non-personal, aggregate information (such as information regarding the pages on our Sites that you have visited and your IP address).
1. Personally Identifiable Information
“Personally Identifiable Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, or company name. We collect and store the personally identifiable information that you have provided to us. Here are some examples of manners in which we may collect your personally identifiable information on the Sites:
• We may collect your email address, first and last name and zip code if you sign up for an online newsletter; and
• We may collect your email address if you contact us with a question;
The above list provides an example of the personally identifiable information that may be collected on the Sites. From time to time, we may collect personally identifiable information from you in other ways that are not described above. If you do not want us to collect your personally identifiable information, please do not provide it to us.
2. Non-Personally Identifiable Information
“Non-Personally Identifiable Information” can be technical information or it can be demographic information, such as your age, gender or the products that you are interested in. Non-personally identifiable information does NOT identify you personally. Here are some examples of the non-personally identifiable information that is collected via the Sites and a description of how this information is used:
• Internet Protocol (IP) address — Your IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet know where to send you data — such as the web pages you view.
• Cookie — A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used to collect information about your activity on the Sites. For example, when someone visits a page within the Sites, a cookie is placed on the user’s machine (if the user accepts cookies) or is read if the user has visited the Sites previously. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser, but if you do, you may not be able to take advantage of the personalized features enjoyed by other users to our Sites.
B. Use of Information Collected Via the Sites
(1) Personally Identifiable Information – We use your personally identifiable information that is collected on these Sites primarily for the following purposes:
• To deliver services, such as information, newsletters or other information that you request;
• To alert you to special offers, updated information and other new services from us, or other third parties, or to forward promotional materials;
• To complete a transaction or service requested by you;
• To ensure the Sites are relevant to your needs;
• To help us create and publish content most relevant to you;
• To fulfill the terms of a promotion;
• To allow you access to limited-entry areas of the Sites; and
• To contact you in response to sign up forms, such as Contact Us.
(2) Non-Personally Identifiable Information – Non-personally identifiable information is used as described above and in other ways as permitted by applicable laws, including combining non-personally identifiable information with personally identifiable information.
C. Sharing and Disclosure of Information
(1) Personally Identifiable Information – We may share or disclose your personally identifiable information in the following instances:
(i) To fulfill a service to you. For example, if you choose to sign up for a newsletter on the Sites, we may share your personally identifiable information in order to send you the newsletter. In addition, if you email us a question, we may use your email address to process your request and respond to your question. Also, if you are entering a sweepstakes or contest, we may use your personally identifiable information in order to fulfill the terms of that promotion. This means that we may share the information for prize fulfillment purposes or mail carriers. We also may share your information with the co-sponsor of that promotion.
(ii) To affiliates, strategic partners, agents, third party marketers or other unaffiliated parties who are offering products or services that we believe may be of interest to you or who require your personally identifiable information for research, administrative and/or internal business purposes. These parties may use your personally identifiable information to contact you with an offer or advertisement related to a product or service, or they may use such information for their own research, administration or business purposes. If you do not want us to share your personally identifiable information in this manner, please do not provide us with this information.
(iii) To unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents or independent contractors who help us maintain our Sites and provide other administrative services to us (including, but not limited to, order processing and fulfillment, providing customer service, maintaining and analyzing data, sending customer communications on our behalf, and entry collection, winner selection and prize fulfillment for contests, sweepstakes and other promotions). We seek to ensure that these unaffiliated third parties will not use the personally identifiable information for any other purpose than to provide the administrative services for which they are responsible. Because such unaffiliated third-party service providers that help us administer our Sites will have access to users’ personally identifiable information, if you do not wish for our unaffiliated third-party service providers to have access to your information, please do not register or submit any personally identifiable information to us.
(iv) To complete your purchase. If you choose to make a purchase on the Sites, we may collect from you your credit card number, billing address and other information related to such purchase, and we may use such collected information in order to fulfill your purchase. We may also provide such information, or other personally identifiable information provided by you, to unaffiliated third parties as necessary to complete your purchase (for example, to process your credit card).
(v) To comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or property or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our end users.
(vi) To third parties as part of any corporate reorganization process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, and sales of all or substantially all of our assets.
(vii) To track and analyze non-identifying and aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our visitors and customers and provide such information to third parties.
(viii) To protect against potential fraud, we may verify with third parties the information collected from these Sites. In the course of such verification, we may receive personally identifiable information about you from such services. In particular, if you use a credit card or debit card to purchase services with us, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us, and that the card has not been reported as lost or stolen.
(2) Non-Personally Identifiable Information – We use non-personally identifiable information collected on the Sites in the manner disclosed above, in the Section A(2). We may share this non-personal information with third parties.
D. International Transfer of Information
If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that you are transferring your personally identifiable information to the United States which does not have the same data protection laws as the EU and by providing your personally identifiable information you consent to:
the transfer of your personally identifiable information to the United States as indicated above.
We communicate with users who subscribe to our services via email. We provide you the opportunity to exercise an opt-out choice if you do not want to receive these communications from us, such as emails or updates from us regarding new services and products offered on the Sites. The opt-out choice may be exercised by un-ticking the appropriate box if such checkbox is available at the points where personally identifiable information is collected or by contacting us. We will process your unsubscribe as soon as possible, but please be aware that in some circumstances you may receive a few more messages until the unsubscribe is processed. You also may opt-out of receiving such emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link within the text of the email.
F. Third Party Web Sites
This statement applies solely to information collected on the Sites. The Sites may contain links to other web sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other web sites.
In the event that all or part of our assets or sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant us the right to assign the personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information collected via the Sites.
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to us is done at your own risk.
Once we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems. We use firewalls to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software.
J. Contacting Us
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Beginning on January 1, 2005, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our visitors who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us:
Three Rivers Pharmaceuticals, LLC
301 Commerce Park Drive
Cranberry Township, PA 16066
Effective as of January 30, 2008
Last Updated On: January 30, 2008